Red Wine Poached Apples is the perfect dessert recipe for the holiday celebrations. Rich, fruity and delicious, this recipe is an elegant dessert that provides a nutritious yet scrumptious conclusion to any meal.
Red Wine Poached Apples
|8 Apple Wedges
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
|Cantina Veneziana Piemonte Barbera Salento Red Wine
|Apple, cut into wedges
- In a sauce pot, over medium heat, combine wine, sugar, cinnamon, orange peel, and orange juice. Whisk until sugar is dissolved. Bring to a boil.
- Add the apples and reduce to low heat. Simmer, until tender when pierced with a sharp knife, 20-25 minutes.
- Remove the apples using a slotted spoon and transfer to a bowl and set aside. Strain poaching liquid into a small saucepan.
- Over medium high heat, stirring occasionally, simmer the poaching liquid until it is reduced to about 3/4 of the original amount.
- Use it as a topping on cakes or serve the apples as is.