Satisfy your childhood dreams with this Baked Truffle Mac and Cheese recipe.
This recipe is cheesy, creamy, and heart-warming - perfect for those days when you just need a comforting dish that will make a splash!
TRUFFLE MAC & CHEESE
Prep time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 30 mins
TOTAL time: 40 mins
Portion size: 4-6 servings
Course: Main Course
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
|Euro Chef Cheddar Cheese (shredded)||1||cup|
|Mazza Gouda (shredded)||1||cup|
|Mazza Provolone (shredded)||1||cup|
|Mazza Black Truffle Cream (Salsa Al Tartufo)||2||tbsp|
|Mazza Extra Virgin Olive Oil||2||tbsp|
|Happy Barn Fresh Milk||1||Liter|
|Japanese bread crumbs||1/4||cup|
|Salt & pepper||To taste|
|Parsley, chopped||as needed|
- In a sauce pot, render bacon in olive oil until crisp.
- Scoop out crisped bacon and reserve as topping.
- Add milk, onion, clove, bay leaf, and nutmeg.
- Bring to a simmer then add macaroni.
- Season with salt and pepper, simmer for 6 minutes or until almost al dente.
- Take herbs out, add in the cream, ¾ of the cheeses (reserve some for toppings), paprika, and mix well.
- Off heat, add the truffle salsa, and stir to incorporate.
- Transfer into an oven-safe dish, and top with remaining shredded cheese and bread crumbs.
- Broil at 350F/190C for 15-20 minutes or until the top is golden brown.
- Top with bacon and chopped parsley. Serve immediately.
- Pre-heat the oven to 350F/190C degrees beforehand.
- For cheeses - use your favorites and make sure to shred your cheeses.