Paella Negra (Squid Ink Paella) - a traditional Spanish paella made with a twist by using squid ink. This intensely black-colored paella recipe is one you can certainly serve for any special occasion.
Bursting with fresh and rich seafood flavors, this dish with its ink-stained rice is the epitome of deep-sea on a plate. If you love seafood then this dish is a must try!
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
TOTAL TIME: 45 Minutes
Portion size: 4 SERVINGS
Course: Main Course
|Mazza Extra Virgin Olive Oil||1/4||cup|
|Mazza Cuttlefish Ink||2||tbsp|
|White cooking wine||1/4||cup|
|Red Pepper (Pimientos), cut into strips||1/4||cup|
|Dolce Vita Chopped Tomatoes||2||tbsp|
|Mazza Paella Stock||5||tbsp|
|Bacon or Pancetta, chopped||1/4||cup|
|Squid, cut into rings||1||pcs|
|Red bell pepper, diced||1/2||pc|
FOR THE AIOLI SAUCE:
|Happy Barn Fresh Milk||2||tbsp|
|Salt & Pepper||to taste|
- In a pan over medium heat, render bacon in olive oil until crisp.
- Add in onions, pimientos, and garlic and sauté until fragrant.
- Add the paella stock, and cook for 1 minute.
- Add in the prawns, squid, white wine and paprika. Sauté until half-cooked, set aside.
- Add cuttlefish ink and chopped tomato (optional).
- Toss in the rice and water. Cook for 15-20 minutes covered with lid or foil.
- Top with seafood, French beans, bell pepper and quail eggs. Cover and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Serve with lemon and aioli on the side.
- For the aioli: Mix all ingredients together.