Cacio e pepe when translated means "cheese and pepper" which are the stars of this simple pasta dish 🍝
As the name suggests, the ingredients of the dish are: black pepper, grated Pecorino Romano cheese, spaghetti and pasta water.
CACIO E PEPE
Portion size: 2 SERVINGS
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Here's what we need:
|Dolce Vita Spaghetti||g||150g|
|For the sauce|
|Black pepper, coarsely ground||Tbsp||1-2 Tbsp|
|Pasta water||cup||1/2 cup|
|Dolce Vita Extra Virgin Olive Oil||Tbsp||3 Tbsp|
|Mazza Pecorino Romano, grated or shaved||Cup||1/4|
|Euro Rich Rolled or Smoked Pancetta, fried till crisp||pcs||4 pcs|
- Cook your spaghetti for about 7 mins till al dente. Set aside.
- On a saucepan over medium heat, add a little oil and toast your black pepper until fragrant. This really brings our the flavor of the pepper.
- Add some pasta water to the black pepper and bring to a simmer.
- Toss in cooked pasta, olive oil and Pecorino Romano.
- Stir until sauce has emulsified and thickened slightly. Serve immediately and top with more Pecorino and crispy pancetta slices.
Recipe by Chef Monicca