Chicken Parmigiana is a simple and delicious dish that is worth every minute. Smothered in rich tomato sauce and melted Euro Chef Mozzarella cheese, this dish is perfect for you if you love a crispy crumb coating.
Serve this dish with your favorite pasta or rice and tossed greens.
|Prep Time||20 mins|
|Cooking Time||30 mins|
|Total Time||50 mins|
|Yield size||4-7 pcs chicken|
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
For the CHICKEN:
|Chicken Breast Fillet||500||g|
|To taste: Salt|
|To taste: Pepper|
|Parsley (finely chopped)||2||tbsp|
|Italiana Formaggi Grated Parmesan Cheese||1||cup|
|As needed: Olive oil for frying|
For the TOMATO SAUCE:
|Mazza Tomato Sauce with Basil||1||can|
|To taste: salt & pepper|
|Euro Chef Mozzarella Cheese Block||1/2||cup|
|Italiana Formaggi Grated Parmesan Cheese||1/4||cup|
|Fresh basil (chiffonade)||1/8||cup|
For the CHICKEN:
- In a bowl marinate the chicken breast with grated garlic, parsley, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, add flour and season it with salt and pepper. Mix until well combined.
- Dredge each chicken breast in flour and tap off the excess, dip in the egg, and evenly coat both sides with bread crumbs.
- Heat oil for deep frying over high heat. Deep fry the chicken breast until cooked and golden brown. Set aside and let the excess oil drip off.
For the SAUCE:
- To make the sauce, on a separate pan, saute garlic and onion until soft.
- Add in Mazza Tomato Sauce with basil and season it with salt and pepper. Let it simmer for 3-5 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and set aside.
- Transfer the chicken breast on a plate or baking tray.
- Top each chicken breast with tomato sauce, sliced mozzarella, and parmesan cheese.
- Bake in the oven at 200C or until the cheese is melted.
- Remove from the oven and garnish it with basil or parsley. Serve immediately!