Dark Chocolate Olive Brownies - the best—and easiest—brownies you'll ever make. Made with our very own Mazza Black and Green Olives, these dark chocolate brownies are fudgy, gooey and super chocolaty - the ultimate dessert for any chocolate lover!
Dark Chocolate Olive Brownies
|Prep Time||20 mins|
|Cooking Time||45 mins|
|Total Time||1 hour and 5 minutes|
|Portion Size||6 servings|
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
|Mazza Black Olives||
|Mazza Green Olives||100||g|
|Dark Chocolate, chopped||400||g|
|All Purpose Flour||80||g|
|Black Cocoa Powder||20||g|
|Unsweetened Cocoa Powder||20||g|
|Baking Powder||1 1/2||tsp|
|For toppings: Mazza Green Olives||50||g|
|For toppings: Chopped Walnuts||1/8||cup|
- Preheat the oven to 350˚F. Line a 9x9 pan with parchment paper.
- In a medium saucepan over low heat, Melt together 400g chocolate and butter while whisking then set aside to cool for 15 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt
- In a large bowl, whisk together 4 eggs, 450g granulated sugar, and 3 Tbsp oil.
- Stir cooled chocolate mixture into the egg mixture. Using a spatula, fold the flour mixture into the batter and fold just until combined. Do not over mix. Set aside.
- Line a piece of kitchen paper towel into a microwave-safe container, put the chopped olives and cover with another piece of kitchen paper towel. Microwave the chopped olives for 3 minutes to remove its moisture until dry and wrinkly (almost like a raisin texture). Cool it for 3 minutes. Once cooled, combine black olives, ¾ of the green olives, and ¼ cup of chopped walnuts into the batter. Do not over mix.
- Transfer batter to the prepared pan and top with the remaining green olives and chopped walnuts.
- Bake at 350F for 35-40 min depending on the desired doneness. *Cool until nearly at room temperature then cut into bars before serving.