Have you ever tried deep frying milk?
Deep Fried Milk is a popular Traditional Chinese dessert. So crispy, creamy & delicious, this dessert is something you will not regret trying! (P.S. try dipping it with condensed milk you will not regret it ;) )
DEEP FRIED MILK
|Prep Time||15 mins|
|Cooking Time||10 mins|
|Total Time||25 mins|
|Portion Size||2-3 servings|
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
|Happy Barn Milk||2||cup
|Gran Cucina Cooking Cream||1/2
|As needed: oil for frying|
|As needed: corn starch|
- Brush a rectangular container with a thin layer of oil.
- In a non-stick pot, add in milk, sugar, cornstarch, and cream. Bring to a simmer. Continuously stir the mixture until it's thick and no longer runny.
- Transfer the milk mixture to the container. Cover with its lid or cling wrap. Refrigerate for at least 2 hour to set.
- Once the mixture is set, flip the container upside down to remove the mixture from the container. Transfer onto a chopping board and cut into your preferred sizes.
- Dredge each piece in cornstarch, egg, and breadcrumbs.
- Deep fry for 3-5 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve with condensed milk and/or powdered sugar.