French Onion Gnocchi, a mouthwatering twist on traditional gnocchi that will leave you craving for more. So rich, creamy and savory, this recipe combines all the familiar flavors of French onion soup in pasta form.
FRENCH ONION GNOCCHI
|Prep Time||15 mins|
|Cooking Time||40 mins|
|Total Time||55 mins|
|Yield Size||3 servings|
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
|Mazza Potato Gnocchi||500||g|
|Euro Chef Mozzarella Cheese||1/2||cup|
|Euro Chef Cheddar Cheese||1/2||cup|
|Dolce Vita Extra Virgin Olive Oil||1||tbsp|
|Salt & pepper|
- In a sauce-pan melt butter with olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the onions in the pan. Season with thyme, salt and pepper. *Continuously stir until tender and translucent.
- Add in the garlic and cook until the onion is caramelized.
- Pour in white wine and reduce.
- Add the flour and cook until paste-like consistency.
- Pour in the stock and stir.
- Bring to a simmer and add the bay leaf and Worcestershire sauce.
- On a separate pot, cook the Potato gnocchi in salted boiling water for 3 mins and drain.
- Add the cooked gnocchi into the sauce.
- Sprinkle the cheddar and mozzarella cheese on top.
- Bake for 10-15 mins until the top layer is golden.
- Rest for 5 mins before serving. Enjoy!