Italian Carbonara is made with guanciale, eggs, Pecorino Romano cheese, spaghetti pasta, and back pepper. The combination of these ingredients creates a creamy and flavorful sauce that coats the pasta perfectly - making it a favorite among pasta lovers!
Try this recipe if you want to make an authentic, creamy carbonara that comes straight from Italy. Buon appetito!
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
|Dolce Vita Spaghetti
|Euro Rich Sliced Guanciale al Pepe
|Mazza Pecorino Romano
- Cook pasta in salted boiling water until al dente
- In a bowl, mix egg yolks, pecorino romano and pepper. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a pan over medium heat render guanciale until browned and crisp. Remove half of the oil and save half of the guanciale for topping.
- Toss in the cooked pasta and a little pasta water.
- Turn off heat and add the egg mixture, stir until emulsified.
- Plate up, top with more pecorino romano and guanciale. Enjoy!
*If Pecorino Romano is not available, can opt to use Parmigiano Reggiano*