Shakshuka is an easy and healthy recipe that is made of a flavorful and hearty combination of poached eggs, tomatoes, peppers, onions, and a variety of spices.
It is so easy and satisfying to make - and is typically served with crusty bread - making it a perfect option for breakfast, brunch or even dinner.
|Prep Time||10 mins|
|Cooking Time||30 mins|
|Total Time||40 mins|
|Yield Size||2-3 servings|
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
|Dolce Vita Diced Tomatoes||1||can|
|Extra Virgin Olive Oil||3||tbsp|
|Bell Pepper (Diced)||1/4||cup|
|Salt & pepper|
- In a pan over medium heat, saute onions, bell peppers and garlic in olive oil.
- Cook until onions are translucent then add the spices.
- Add the tomatoes, season with salt, pepper, and sugar.
- Simmer until sauce is slightly reduced and thickened.
- Place egg on top, cover pan with lid and cook for 3-4 minutes or until the eggwhites are set and yolks are still runny.
- Turn off heat and sprinkle with chopped parsley and cilantro.
- Serve with toast. Enjoy!